Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Girlfriend Robots

“Japan has done it again!”, as Mary Jade Damondamon first stated in her brief summary of a research on robots. Indeed, Japan had repeated a remarkable history. A robot named “Eternal Maiden Actualization” was technically designed to entertain (sing and dance) and entice men with a kiss. A girlfriend robot, as what they called it.

Artificial intelligence, I guess for the Japanese, this is surely a piece of cake for them given that they have been consistent in this field for many years. What else is new? Resource is never a problem for them. They have the ideas, technical skills and financial $upport, etc, etc. Name it and they have it. No wonder that Japan has been technologically evolving almost everyday!

Such a funny thing came into my mind when I took notice of this article. Possibly many years from now, when girlfriend robots become a way of life, men will go crazy over it and eventually consider them as lifetime partners. I could imagine my kind competing for their love and crying a million buckets of tears. Somehow, a rival between natural-born women and girl robots will shake the world.

I have always been interested in artificial intelligence ever since I became aware of this terminology. I even thought of it as my research topic. However, doubts conquered my mind every time I considered my methodology.

No comments: