Monday, September 28, 2009

A comment: SRIS

I absolutely agree upon this step of the university administration to tap in-house resources for the re-invention of the student registration information system. For each year that the university has been using the previous, never did I see a difference with respect to the transaction processing level. Executing the same process for years was experiencing the pain of waiting turns all over again, to think that the main purpose of automation is to lessen the working burdens of involved entities. Back in June where we had our enrollment for this semester, the newly implemented system ran its first operation. I noticed that the user interface became nicer to look at. However in general, it was still the same experience as before except for the one way entrance/exit, distribution of priority numbers at the registrar and the strict security guard. It still took me the whole day to finish the whole process of enrollment. I was disappointed yet hoping that the next time would get better since I have great trust to the developers of the new SRIS.

No comments: